Working with 2008 and other topics

Jun 26, 2008 at 11:33 PM
Hi

I'd like to be involved in the tree surgeon project.

I've got 2 things that I'd like to implement and I'm not 100% sure of how to do that.

First is setting TS to work with VS2008.

The other is a little harder to explain.

Long story short, I like to have a "Full Build" option that I run from CruiseControl.net, which is kind of a meta build.

This entails having two NAnt tasks.

The first deletes the entire build tree, not just the build directory, but EVERYTHING under the version control system, and then gets latest back into the same location, the last thing is does is pass control to the second nant file (or just runs the current go.bat file)

Hoping to not be branded a heretic

Malcolm Anderson
Coordinator
Jun 28, 2008 at 5:06 AM
manderson wrote:
Hi

I'd like to be involved in the tree surgeon project.

I've got 2 things that I'd like to implement and I'm not 100% sure of how to do that.

First is setting TS to work with VS2008.

The other is a little harder to explain.

Long story short, I like to have a "Full Build" option that I run from CruiseControl.net, which is kind of a meta build.

This entails having two NAnt tasks.

The first deletes the entire build tree, not just the build directory, but EVERYTHING under the version control system, and then gets latest back into the same location, the last thing is does is pass control to the second nant file (or just runs the current go.bat file)

Hoping to not be branded a heretic

Malcolm Anderson

Hi Malcom,

Heretic? Never.

2008 support is in the current build (not released but if you download the latest changeset it's there). I'm just doing some cleanup right now on it and fixing some tests. With 2008 support we're dropping NCover and using PartCover as NCover (the free version) is no longer supported and is now commercial.

For the full build option you're looking to do, feel free to submit a patch with the changes and the team will review it. Or if you want to discuss how to do what you're trying to here that's cool too. I'm not quite sure I understand the two NAnt files. A TreeSurgeon solution is complete and doesn't need anything else. For Cruise, you just tell it in your ccnet.config file the project information (where the repository is, etc.). That's Cruise info (and can be bootstrapped so that file is in source control and any changes will reload it picking up new projects).

In any case, feel free to chat about your ideas here or submit a patch with the changes. Like I said the team will take a look at it and we'll see if it fits into the fray. I encourage you to grab the latest build if you need 2008 support.

Thanks!